2014年7月2日星期三

Self-introduction of Rich

   
The picture was taken in 2009, in Dali, Yunnn


This is my mom

This is the campus of the Univeristy I work at
    My Chinese name is Fu Liying, and my English name for the time being is Rich, a boy’s name, as my English teacher at Yale-- Carrie told me, but my family name is similar in pronunciation to the Chinese word "wealth". I got the idea from a fellow colleague’s joke about my family name which is pronounced Fu, which is similar to the sound of  "full" in the  English language and from Miss Xia, whose English name is Summer, which is the literal meaning of her family name.    
     I have been teaching in a university in Changsha, capital of HUnan Province, China for 27 years. I love teaching English majors, as it is easy to communicate with them in English and it makes me feel young and happy.
    And I have got a  family, my son being 25, and he has got a lovely girl-friend.
    I have two brothers and two sisters, and my parents are living a very happy life, doing what they like doing most of their time, my father playing drums and my mother visiting temples and doing volunteer work there, or read santras at home.
   My mother has benefited a great deal from reading Buddhist santras. Before she was 43, she had been suffering from kidney disease and stomache disease, and she had been bad-tempered and was always ready to beat all of her children when she found them trouble-making or fail to do the housework well. A chance meeting with a woman converted her to Buddhism. Her temper improved a great deal, and her health has recovered.
    She is now absolutely vegetarian and she is quite healthy and her skin is just like that of a baby. I wonder if it is the result of vetarianism. What's more, she can fall asleep very easily.
    My brothers and sisters are busy making money. They hve been working hard to make money, but I am different from them. I enjoy living a leisurely tranquil life, reading some nice books or exciting books, or climbing the mountains and breathe in the fresh air. 
    I love beautiful natural scenaries, and I love writing journals, putting down what I have seen and heard and what I have thought and what I have felt. 
    I love taking pictures of what I think is beautiful.
    
The beauty created by the frozen rain in 2008


The writer of the journal

The golden fish moving in circles in winter

    The frozen rain in early 2008, the golden fish that swam in a circle, the white clouds or the red clouds in the sky, the peaceful lakes surrounded by mountains. I love taking pictures of beautiful architecture.  The various architectural styles in Yale filled me with admiration for the sesigners and the construction workers.  But I also love the typical Chinese architeture with golden tiles and rising corners and thick red beams and red doors. Red buildings, like red clothes, always make me happy.
     
 

1 条评论:

  1. I've just found this for the first time and I enjoyed learning about you in a backwards way. You have certainly come to the right place to take pictures of architecture...I'll see if the campus is still offering architectural tours.

    回复删除