2014年7月23日星期三

Our Teacher Visited Our American "Home"

Our Teachers Visited Our American Home”  today

Many days has passed before our English teachers--Siggy and Carrie--at Yale decided on the day to pay us a visit to our American home.

It was Carrie who first wrote an email to Yingzi, expressing a desire to see how we are faring in the American home

Our English teachers--Siggy and Carrie--paid a visit to Monitor Ma and his five-member groups apartment this Sunday. And soon, one of the group members sent pictures of the dishes they had cooked for the teachers arrival to the WeChat. I did not have the time to look at the pictures, but Yingzi said the dishes looked very nice and varied.
That groups apartment is just about two blocks away, a few minutes walk.
Several members are very good at cooking, Sunny and Monitor Ma are both excellent cooks.
I have no doubt that the food they cooked were delicious.

Today, before we set out for the class in the morning, I took out the meat, beef and pork, to be exact, out of the fridge, so as to defreeze them.
At 12:15, as soon as the lecture delivered by Annes friend Rob Kimmel in Room 116 ended, I got back home, and the other members came back home separately.
I met Yingzi just outside the building with a turtle-shaped roof, and she told me that she had seen Doctor Zhang and Yi Ming on the way home.
But more than 15 minutes passed and they did not come back. I was puzzled. But Yingzi assured me that they should have gone to the Hong Kong supermarket to buy soft drinks. There is no orange juice left to treat the teachers.
We had a simple lunch.
I began cutting the pork and beef into slices and then the corn bars. I had thought it was an easy task, as the corn did not grow mature enough, but the result was that I had difficulty cutting it into several parts. I asked Yingzi for help, and she just broke one bar into two halfs, with one part longer than the other. She began to use the knife brought here by Doctor Zhang, but found it of little use, and had to give up. I asked Yi Ming for help, and after much sweat and much time, she eventually conquered the two tough bars.
I have sweated all over in finishing cutting the corn bars,  Ming said.
It was too early to cook the dishes, and whats more, Carrie said she wanted to observe us cooking. 
We just waited in our dining-room and surfing on the internet for the time to move closer to 4:30, the time that the teachers should come.
Perhaps it was about 4:30, when I asked Ming to go back to her bedroom to see whether our teachers were coming.
I was not sure Siggy and Carrie knew about the exact address of our home.
But no sooner had we both come to the window than Ming Yi saw Siggys car outside our homeThey have come, I have seen Siggys car outside the house.
I looked outside and saw them two get onto the pedestrian and say hello to them. 
Ming rushed downstairs excitedly to open the door for them.
As soon as they came into the apartment, Yingzi began cooking the dishes. 
Master Cook Yingzi

Dinner is ready

添加图片说明



I did not know how to cook fish with salted sour vegetables they bought from the Hong Kong supermarket, but she did, so I had her do the cooking for supper. She proves a better cook than I.
It took some time to cook so many dishes.
While Yingzi was cooking in the dining-room, the other three of us were chatting with the teachers in the dining-room. But soon the smell of the green pepper made it hard for Siggy and Carrie to breathe. They ran into the sitting-room just next to the dining-room.
I took them to Ming Yis bedroom and had the door shut. 
It was about almost 6 when everything was ready. 

The plates are very large, and occupied most of the table, we found the dishes delicious, and ate a lot more than usual times. Siggy and Carrie ate little. I wonder if the dishes are to their taste or not.
When they took leave, it was already over 6:30.
I do hope Carrie has got the train home. 

2 条评论:

  1. The food was DEFINITELY to our taste! It was a delightful get-together...thank you all again. And I did catch the train quite quickly, thank you.

    回复删除
    回复
    1. Thank you for appreciating the food. Have a good time.

      删除